25 September 2014

Research Skills & Methods: Week 1

Today we had our first Research Skills & Methods session with Jeanette Paul focusing on research, methods and critical thinking. I focused on a lot of this during my Undergradate but it's been a couple of years so was definitely handy to have a refresh of it all!

There was also a guest speaker - Prof. Nigel Johnson who showed us a really interesting presentation on methodology and research practices that will probably come in handy when I start my own for my project.

We have our first sumative task, which is to provide a 700-800 word contextual review on a subject relevant to our research / study proposal due by October 15th. I have a rough idea about my project, it will most likely involve a study around animation, biology and music but still working this out!