17 October 2014

Faces, Textures and Mudbox - Oh My!

I quick update on the rest of this weeks events.

3D Faces
Midweek we were introduced to the 3D Facial Scanner to get our own little heads scanned! We'll be getting our 3D rendered head in a few weeks, will make sure to post it after i've edited a few edges and vertices...I'll probably even have a go at attempting to animate it.

The rig set up to capture facial expressions
Example of a previously rendered head scan
Olly's Facial Expressions

More Maya
I've been playing around with Texturing in Maya and rendering selections to get a quick glimpse of how my model is shaping up. This was really useful ahead of our texturing session with Sean.

Maya and me in my spare time

Assigning a photo texture/design to my plane

Rendering part of my select

Obviously I still have HEAPS to learn - especially when it come to actually animating my scenes, but it feels like i'm picking it up quite quickly and finding my way around the software!

Creating textures and images to Photoshop
Assigning my awesome design to my object
Texturing and Bump Mapping in Maya!
I'm definitely a MASSIVE fan of Mudbox and I think i'll probably be doing most of my texturing / colouring in that especially as it works quite similarly to Photoshop (and I live in Photoshop)

Playing around with texturing!
I actually made something that looks like something!