31 October 2014

Maya, Models and Musings

Started work with low poly character modelling today in Maya using one of Sean's model sheets (seeing as we'd be spending the next 8 hours together I named him Claude).




It was nice to finally get started especially as I now have nearly all the components needed for the 2D side of my project. I felt quite prepared as i've been (slowly) working on the Robot model design on Digital Tutors.



I'm definitely by no means an expert but i'm definitely making progress. I think my key goals and learnings at the moment are to make sure i'm sticking to my daily Maya practice and focusing my attentions on character modelling so I can start to feel comfortable and confident with constructing my character.


I want to test out building the head separately as this was one of the difficulties I had during Sean's class. Will hopefully start and have this finished in the next couple of weeks!

Finished up my final model sheet for my character MonĂ¡e