13 October 2014

Week 5: Spine, Scales, Shaded Modes

Just a quick update!

We were introduced to Spine. It's a pretty neat programme, and it would be great to use if I decide to focus on 2D animation. I had a little go at turning the built in character into Billie Elliott (lol) to get a feel for it and general understanding, and it's DEFINITELY safe to say that it's a hell of a lot easier than Maya (so far) - although I am a fan of Maya's complexities.


It would be great to use it at some point for a mini project and see how I get on with the interface. It would also be good to see if it would be a better programme to use for certain aspects of my animations, than Maya (or other programmes)

SPEAKING OF MAYA, as well as the classes with Sean, i've been playing around with it this week and following some of the tasks from Introducing Maya Auto Desk 2014 (Dariush Derakhshani) such assss, animating a solar system. HA!