3 December 2014

Lighting, Compositing and Coping

I've pretty much finished all the aspects of my 3D model, and i'm really happy with it!

I've added some basic lighting with spotlights for the Moon and a couple of stars so the lights and shadow match my composite image.

Here's the image with a basic render view from Maya on my composite image prior to lighting and then my lit model alone.


I created my composite image in Photoshop by painting, filters and some textures for the mountains, ground and nebula-esque sky.

Lighting Tutorials
Digital Tutors: Introduction to Lighting
Digital Tutors: Light and Render a Sci-Fi Character

I've also set everything up so its ready for the final multipass render at the end of the week. I'll then i'll complete it with my composite image in Nuke X.


My various render passes include - AO, Depth, Diffuse, Indirect, Reflection, Refraction, Shadow and Specular (no shadow)