29 December 2014

Week 16: Testing, Tooning, Trying not to Confuse Myself...

SO This week I want to start texturing my model for my final animation

I'm still a little bit undecided on how I want to go about this to give her a more 2D look, but after looking a a few other styles again i'm leaning towards bump mapping and just giving her the more realistic 3D look... woe is me etc




I've been trying out toon /cel shading to see how I feel about it and i'm quite happy with the results.




I'm looking at a few more examples and videos to see if I can be a bit more inspired.. i'll also be testing out some UV mapping and painting in Photoshop in a Fiona Staples style. Hopefully will have a decision and fully textured model by the end of the week!

Song to Texture to / Add to the playlist:
We Major - Kanye West ft. Nas & Really Doe

Tutorials:
Toon Shading - Peter Evemy
Cel Shading in Maya
Talking Toons - Zero Limit Channel 
Creating A Toon Shade in Maya - Shikijiyu
Skin Texturing and Shading in Maya - JKLind