18 December 2014

New Designs, Not so neat lines, Next steps

Huzzah, I've reworked my character Monae to give her a more stylised look! I've widened her hips heaps, and made her limps longer and thinner. Really happy with the result.



I worked on it with the old design in the background so I could gauge a much better idea of what changes I was making and how this would affect the overall character.

This will done with a whole lot of Kanye West and Billie Holiday.

Will update once I have the colours down
UPDATE:

She is COLOURED... I have 2 versions - V1 is the more Billie Holiday/Janelle Monae influenced and V2 is more Nirvana/Akira influenced... i'm currently leaning more towards V2 but i'll make a decision soon.

I also need to source and create the logos/badges/stickers for her shoulder pads - theses are gonna be influenced by the things I like but also how I see my character's personality to be... I also want it to make sense to my programme of study and the story.

UPDATE 2:

Rough logos added. I really want to think about how i'll go about adding these when it comes to texturing - mainly because of copyright and because I want it to actually look good. I may generate my own hand drawn versions so it fits with the 2D feel texture that i'm going for.

UPDATE 3:

Finished up my t-shape so I can start modelling next week!