28 January 2015

Colour Me not so clueless

I've been working on my colour script, I really needed to make some final decision on my colours and textures (to much umming and ahhing)

I kind of had an idea of the scheme I was going for, but still wanted to use Adobe Colour CC to make sure I was using complimentary shades and tones. There are a couple of things like the plant at the end that break up the colours, and I wanted to make sure they did this without throwing everything off. Also needed to make sure my character stands out from the background

These are the colours i've gone with:



And here is my (first ever) colour script capturing key scenes from my story. Huzzah.

Still need to pull together my animatic and 3D previs... which might take a bit more time. Will also be working a new storyboard for Amit's project.


I'm also in full storyboarding mode for other projects - i've been pulling together the one for our Going Live project, i'm also working one one for Amit's final project.


The process is really getting me thinking about more than just drawing. Storyboarding is really helping me to explore and understand the importance of angles, scenes and key pieces of narrative. I'm definitely getting quicker at doing them (I think my anatomy practice is helping my create poses much quicker).