23 January 2015

Trouble Shooting, Trouble Blending, Trouble In Maya Paradise...

Well maybe that's a but dramatic, but still.

SO i'm in the home stretch of my rigging process - before the final bind and weight painting. Working on the blendshapes and binnding tests has highlighted some aspects that need to be tweaked.

Due to the lack of bone/joint in the jaw, I can't get the teeth to move with the blending faces. So instead of my September reaction (which would have been panic), using and abusing Maya these last couple of weeks have given me potential solutions to this. As the mouth wont be moving THAT much in my animation, i've decided to add Set Driven keys to the upper and bottom set of teeth so I can rotate these via the head control when needed.

After being mocked by the eye brows, i've decided to create a separate blend shape for each eyebrow so I can control them individually without affecting the rest of the face.

These are probably the longest way to do things, but i'm trying to think practically, about the skill set I currently have, and how I can apply what i've learnt. AND i'll be the one animating her so i'll know where everything is and what it does :D

Some quick renders!






LATE NIGHT BLEND SHAPE UPDATE
SO after refusing to be bested, I wanted to investigate the mystery of my dodgy blendshape eyebrows even further. After lots of tests I realised that my issue was that I was just moving the eyebrow object on the new blendshape face instead of moving the vertices!

So now that i've done that all blend faces are loving me and working properly =D


I've also been looking at other models for a bit of inspiration.


Time to revisit the textures. I'm thinking of using Maya's paint feature...

Music to blend to: 
Ghost Love Score - Nightwish
8-Bit Bjork!! Stonemilker/Unravel - Bjork