9 January 2015

Week 17: Clash, Clans, Cons

I've still been having a massive think about how I want to texture my character and the look i'm going for for my final project, and im still undecided. ALSO I did very much like the look of the style in the Clash of Clans advert, so this is something I might explore and test out.


I'm also still keeping up my sketching and testing out different colouring techniques/styles to see if this is something I could apply to my project/model. Also having fun with posing to make sure i'm not just focusing on my go to, which is portraits. These also link into my personal projects, and will hopefully get me prepared for my DeeCon comic.







I've also been doing a little bit of clean us and got some advice from Sean - some of the extra armour geometry was penetrating the main model which would cause issues when I animate so I've cleaned these up and made sure i'm paying attention to them in smooth and low-poly mode! I've used the snap tool and my keen (not so keen) eyes to try and get the extra topology to lie as close to the model as possible without interfering with it too much.

SO for now i've decided to just rigging her to do some testing and maybe texture after!

RIGGING UPDATE:
I've been thinking quite a bit a bout my rig and decided I wanted to try something a lot more advanced than i'd done for my semester 1 project - mainly because I felt this would help me understand other techniques and increase my skills and learn a bit of MEL scripting (I also like a challenge).

I'm using the Digital Tutors Advanced Character Rigging In Maya tutorial and it's tricky but i'm finding it quite fun and relaxing!



I also wanted to use  more complex rig because i've been thinking ahead to my story and for the dance movement that's needed, I think the flexiplane route would be a really good way to go, and help my characters movements look a bit more exaggerated.