30 January 2015

The audacity if animating...

Haaaaa today was my first try at 3D animating haaaa (not including the rotating solar system lol). What did we animate? the classic bouncing ball!!


Tbh it was a lot easier than I though it would be - i've been spending a bit of time in the Graph Editor and with the deformers for rigging purposes so i'm a bit familiar with it. So far i've found that it will require a lot of attention to detail, patience, sugar and PRACTICE.






I'm planning on getting in at least a month of solid practice (thanks to Going Live and my personal time) ahead of animating my character - the dance sequence will be the tricky part, bit i've made it easier on myself by making her more stylised and using a squash and stretch rig, so I don't have to worry about completely anatomically correct poses.

I'll be going to a dance drawing class every week which is perfect and will get into the mind set of making those types of movements as well as drawing them. I'm also hoping to get the choreography nailed by that point too.

Huzzah.