15 April 2015

Week 31: Space, Stars and Suspicious Quinoa...

So, in-between inhaling suspicious amounts of quinoa, i've been having a little think about setting up my project scenes etc etc. I've been trying to take as much info/experience as possible from our Going Live project so I can apply it to this one.

And one of the key things i've learned is how not to do certain things (like overloading scenes when things don't need to be in there), and most importantly due to time (and being only one person), I need to cheat where I can - especially when my laptops health depends on it.

So back to the matter of my scenery - i've been in a rush to dress everything etc like we did with GL, but it just doesn't look right with the matte and floor - so after consulting things like Contre temps and The Wolf Among Us again - and like properly analysing, i've realised that I can do a hell of a lot more 2D than i'd initially realised.



With the way that some of my scenes are shot and the camera angles, I can easily get away with having these as Matte Paintings.



I think that this will also help me achieve 3 main things:

  1. Getting better / more confident at landscapes / matte paintings
  2. Cut down rendering time (as i'll just be rendering the camera movements)
  3. Weave in more of a comic style
I'm actually really excited about the prospect of this because I really really want develop my environment skills and have a strong 2D element as part of my end product. Really really hoping I can pull this off.

I'll also probably have to tweak a few of my textures as a result, but I feel a lot more confident about that now. I'm still going to set up my camera's in preparation and establish their initial movements

Also, after gaining some more sanity i've once again managed to crop down my shot list, taking myself from 19 to 14 (potentially 13). So lots and lots of painting for me this weekend with the help of Mr Stevie Wonder.