11 June 2015

IBLs, I am confused, I really need to learn lighting

WEDNESDAY = Lighting Day = UNSUCCESSFUL! I majorly need to give myself that lighting crash course to figure out what i'm doing (and why O_O) so i'll be attempting to conquer that on Monday.

I want to work off and develop the things I managed to pick up during going live - so i'm aiming to use an IBL and Direct lighting, unless I find a reason not to :)

I've been looking for videos / examples of lunar lighting, an haven't really come up with what I hoped i'd find, so I may need to be a bit more clever. ALTHOUGH I have managed to nab myself a nice lunar IBL from the good people at HDR Labs


Been attempting to put it to the test and figure out what's going on with life. According to Maya, there isn't much D=

p.s These are all without the aid of direct lighting. I also threw in one of my backgrounds for good measure to see how it might fit.






Main lesson here - actually figure out WHERE my light source is coming from.

MORE PHOTOSHOP TEST FUN