16 June 2015

Week 40: Clint,Caves and Cous Cous

As if it's week 40...

Well first things first - it's almost time to start work on the other project's i'm helping with, and now that i'm so far ahead with my own this is definitely the best time to start!

I'm going to be helping with animation for Ritchie's project - Let's Find Them Together. And I had the exciting pleasure of rig testing Clint the pigeon!!. I'm a massive fan of Annita's rigs and everything she's learnt this year and once my projects over I want to get back to rigging practice and learning coding!


It's a bloody good rig, and it's useful to get to know how to use it, and it's limit's ahead of animation, it's also a great excuse to play with some PG poses....
Happy Clint

Karate Clint

Innocent Clint

Sexy Clint

Smug Clint
I love Clint.
________________________________________

In work related news, with all my cameras set up ad life spiralling, i've decided to remodel my cave - the idea of just have a matte for a wall didn't appease me AND when it comes to lighting, actually having a cave type thing for a lot of the shots will be VERY useful for casting fun shadows.

After months of cave /soul searching, I accidentally stumbled upon some really useful videos for quickly modelling and texturing them - to be honest i'm gutted that I didn't suss this out before. For shame.




Soooo firstly, this is was a complete test to see if I could get it to work and what I would need to change. The UV map being the main thing...



I've kinda cheated it and created a 'UV from Camera' - which will definitely save me time from UV mapping the whole thing - parts that won't even be in shot.




I've completely repainted the cave wall based on some Borderland references... there are still a few colour tweaks to make and I need to work out the tiling, which isn't currently going to plan... but i'll crack it...

Borderlands reference
Minnneee