22 February 2015

UV Maps and Traps

ack. I've fallen into the trap of UV mapping... it's easier to do now than before but still doesn't mean I can do it quickly ack.

Sean's Transfer attribute method has worked so far but need to do some proper tests with the rig to make sure! I've also UV mapped all my assets including the cave.


So now I have a whole week of texturing ahead of me which should be interesting!. I've tried to do my maps in a way that I feel will be easier for me to get my head around when it comes to painting, which mean making them as frontal and close to the shape of my model as possible.

pod seat and body

face and cave

In other-words i've realised that I can't actually paint if everythings already mapped out for me so to speak - it needs to feel more organic and less procedural. I may cut off the back of the head when i'm painting it so my mind can just deal with the front of the face.