8 February 2015

Week 22: Assets, Avatars, A lot of cous cous

I've been working on modelling my assets - I set myself a week for this to give myself some buffer time to make any design changes or test out a couple of things.


For the flag I had a little go with nCloth - it was a lot easier to do than I thought it would be, and to be-honest i'm not sure if i'll need it, but was still good to get myself associated with and know that the option is there if I need it.


Also finally found an easier way to create the cave. As I only really need the entrance and then side views i'm just going to create a couple of planes and add bump maps / textures and some clever lighting.

Did a test render of one of the scenes kinda (without a UVed cave hence the stretching)


The 3D previs really did give me a heads up on what i'd need to look out for, and building a quick temporary set helped me to get some things out of my system, in terms of figuring out how I would structure the assets.

Also thinking about texturing, I really do want a 2D look so i'll be making the textures look A LOT more painted. So will probably tweak my matte painting aswell.


Found another really nice example of a more painted texture style!


Contre temps from Contre temps Team on Vimeo.