28 February 2015

Compositing, Comics and Comeuppances

We had a class with Malcolm on Friday on compositing in After Effects. 

The set up is so similar to Photoshop (and it's so much easier to grasp than Nuke) that i'll probably use this for my compositing for my project and multi passes - although Nuke does have a strong allure.

I also think using AE will cut down time because I won't be spending my hours and mind figuring out Nuke.


But that's another thought for another day!

I've also finally finished all the rough pencil lines for my comic! Got them done in about 4 days which i'm really happy with. So now i'm ready to ink all the pages and i'm hoping to have this done by mid week - i've already started work so i've only got about 7 more to go.



I've really been trying to incorporate my perspective studies and what I've been learning about cinematography into this. I've definitely go heaps to learn, but as a first stab at an actually completed comic/story i'm really happy with it.

And then on to texturing... i've been watching a few toon shade tutorials and I want to work on some testing this weekend, so screenshots and rant will definitely follow...

I really need to get my head in the game with texturing properly - part of me is still trying to ignore it and but it off, but it's really setting me back so I just need to crack on with it. O_O