19 March 2015

Assets, Accents and A New Kendrick Lamar Album

I've been beavering away to finish my textures this week, and I think i'll have them all completed by the weekend so i'll be ready to start blocking animation!

Working on the going live animation shots has definitely prepped me in feeling a bit more confident about doing it! And Sushma's been giving me some really useful tips. I just need to take my time and aim for completing a certain about of seconds a week.

The new target is to have animation blocked by the end of the month and despite the slowness of my texturing I can still be on target to finish all animation by the end of may :)

I want to spend the start of next week doing a proper rig test and some animation tests then make any tweaks that are needed.

I've almost finished up the asset textures - I want to redo the space pod - i'm having trouble doing it in Mudbox for some reason so I need to find a work around and a way to avoid the seams showing.

The screens won't stay that bright - i'll add the glow in post. There's also heap of wiggle room with the texture colours, especially now i've pretty much got them done (lines and all).

Also finally got round to adding 'stickers' to my characters shoulder pads - I had a bit of a brain fart with these so again there's room for me to change these and what I want to put on (and I probably will when i'm feeling less in a rush to finish texturing).


These logos are all pretty bias and personal to me so there's music/comic references in there among other stuff. I'd initially envisioned covering the whole thing, but as I said, brain fart. There's time me thinks.

Fun times, more Kendrick.