26 March 2015

Assets, Alternative Activities and an episode of Arrow

Due to comic, sleep and essay related activities, my plans for testing and blocking have been scuppered for the week. However all was not lost...

I've been thinking about some of the extra assets needed for my production - like rocks and the leaf at the end etc. I realised that some of those assets might already be available to me - so I asked my Going Live team if it would be ok for me to use the rocks and leaf modelled by Natasha and Yannis ^_^. All I need to do is re-texture.

Sushma also gave me some tips when it comes to modelling my surface plane - i'll need to make sure its not to bumpy etc or her feet will look like its going through! So she suggested that I plan a route for her that can remain relatively flat, and then do some nice bump mapping. She has also very very kindly offered to help on some of animated scenes, to which I am EXTREMELY grateful :D

To celebrate I posed my character in a pod and gave her a shocked expression to represent my shock at how quickly this week has passed.


UPDATE
A quick spot of character design before bed. Still playing with this new brush and trying new things!

This is Bobbi... an addition to the project I was babbling on about a couple of weeks ago. She likes Kanye West, NERD and dodgey TV shows.