2 March 2015

Week 25: Manning Up and Moving on

OK, so i'm cracking on and making sure I complete tasks that i'd previously avoided, like smoothing my model D=. My main worry was the impact it would have on my laptop but so far all is well with 2 subsvisions!

This also means that the toon line works ALOT better when using Maya's renderer - this is a quick render with no tweaks to the toon line.


So far it looks like it hasnt affected my rigs or blends so i'm gonna carry on!

I'm currently experimenting with Photoshop's 3D capabilities - because really the key to this is for me to really enjoy the process to really really get the results I want, so thought i;d give it a punt - seeing as I spend all my time in it and I love it and I like to think it loves me...


I know a lot of this week is going to be a case of trial and error and just experimenting which is more than fine by me - so long as I make a final decision and hopefully have it finished before next week.

I also tend to have the habit of creating things that aren't needed but to be honest everything is a learning curve for me, so the more I do the more I work out about Maya and what i'll need to do for my project. So in the essence of this rant I made a normal map in Maya... now I know what a normal map it. I also know that I probably won't use it, but it made me look at Maya's render setting and feel less nervous about multipasses.


Nerd.

UPDATE.
I am a massive fan of this old Photoshop 3D malarky...the fact that I can see the UV's and automatic updates of what the texture will make my model look like makes me feel heaps better. AND i'm so at home in Photoshop - I have all my custom brushes that I think we will come in hand for this