21 March 2015

Automated, Avoidance, A Few Tweaks

In a slight effort to 'avoid' making some final tweaks to my research essay I decided to make some light tweaks to my rigged model.

I few weeks ago I saw that Anita had added an automatic fist clench attribute/control curve to her groups Going Live models, and after working on animation this week, i've decided that it is a VERY useful thing to have, so I endeavoured make one.

Tbh I thought it would be a bit more complicated (and I can see how it can be), i'm sure there's a script out there for it, but I got away with just using my favourite Maya tool - Set Drive Keys.

It's given me a good result.



Her fingers a re bit odd aka really thin anyways so this won't be the tightest of fists, but I think it was more than enough to give me what I needed.

I added the attribute on the IK handle - which i'll probably use the most when i'm animating her. Although i'd still like to find out if there's any harm in adding it to the FK handle...