9 March 2015

Week 26: Tainted by Texturing

Dammit, yeh I think i've finally got the texturing bug.

It's definitely clicked and i'm already thinking about what I want to sculpt and textire in Z-Brush. I've finally been able to apply my Photoshop skills to it, and i've been making a couple of stamps of my usual PS brushes to add a slightly rougher texture to my model.


I've tested out adding a bump to the lips to get the creases, but also a few pencil lines - i've done the same for the ears to, and i'm considering adding a few sketchy lines to the face, but next step is to apply it to my model and see how she looks! Will also check the lighting and do a bit of gamma correcting. I might still run the texture through PS but we'll see.


Diffuse ahoy


Thank you Rasputina for fighting away all my texturing fears

Rasputina - Howard Hughes


In other news, we're still trying to figure out if we'll have enough time to get an anthology thrown together for Dee-Con, but if not i've got some portraits what i'll probably want to sell. Also want to work on a few new ones - i'm thinking Game of Thrones and Marvel (fan-fodder).

UPDATE:
Quick test render using Maya software with unedited toonline and with direct lighting via Mental Ray.



Ahhh the smell of progress. I'm actually quite happy with it! Gonna get some feedback, make final tweaks and hopefully have the body and assets FINALLY done this week ^_^. Ahhh also need to figure out the eyes...