6 November 2014

Mudbox, Mapping and Messing Around

Mucking around: My weird mutant land thing
Much fun an merriment was had with Mudbox this week!

I really like the interface, and it flows like Photoshop so i'm easily spending hours just working in it (finding it very relaxing). It's ALOT easier (and friendlier) to texture in this way and i'm pretty such i'll use it to texture my character and my final project.

We had a go at mucking around with the 3D heads we had modelled of us a couple of weeks ago to acquaint ourselves with the interface. I had a muck around with me (and my dads nose).


We've also been tasked with created a couple of our own original head models. So far i've worked on this insane clown-esque thing (its very easy to do sci-fi / horror) - I've named him Rory.

 I want to try something different with the next one I do.


UPDATE:
Started working on another character using a blank head in a completely different style to muck around with what i'd learned from making my first head.

I decided to create a tiger/cat type thing! I downloaded a 'fur' stencil which I used to paint the texture of fur, then used a combination of bulge and grab (with stencils) to create individual strands/blocks of fur.

Model

Final model with edits and textures
Quite happy with it for a first proper go! I'm calling him Clyde.

I want to learn to use surfaces and lighting correctly as these can produce a much different effect.