30 November 2014

Renders, Comps and Confusion

We did some rendering and compositing with Sean this week using a model he'd constructed. I'd taken it upon myself to name him Julian.

I found the rendering process itself a little tricky mainly because theres so many bits of information and setting to remember if you want to get certain results, but I know that'll come in time.
We also did some comping for the rendered image in Nuke - again I found all the bits of info a little tricky to take in, especially as Nuke is still very new to me, but i'm hoping to get in some practice over Christmas.





I'm a massive fan of the node system that Nuke has and I think that'll definitely help me with my process.

I've been working on the composite image to place my model in. I did a couple of quick sketches to figure out what I wanted the image to be based on concept art and my storyboards and decided to with the point when she lands on the planet.



So I decided to quickly throw together a basic model of her space capsule. I look at a couple of references for the texture.

Reference image
My basic space pod model
I'll include it in my final image and will paint the background in Photoshop.

UPDATE:
I've finally posed my character and done a bit of weight painting on somme problem areas like the arm bend!



I also mucked around with making some differenct facial expressions by important the face into Mudbox and sculpt editing it on different layers then importing it back into Maya