4 November 2014

Planets, Progress and Projects

Just a quick update yada yada...

Started work on practising environments and terrains with the help of Geoff Taylor's How To Draw And Paint: Science Fiction Art. It was a lot easier to do as the space environments I want to produce won't need to be too complete I hope!

Created this in a couple of hours using Procreate on my iPad.


We also had a really great lesson on Cinematography today with Brian Hoyle, which has made me rethink some shots for my storyboard. I really want to take into account colour and camera angles, and how I can use this to convey the idea of powerlessness for my character at the beginning, and then change the angles to convey her control and power at the end.

I'm also going to watch Black Narcissus at Brian's suggestion, as the final scene of the film was choreographed specifically to the score - something that my project will be focusing on.


And i'll DEFINITELY be looking at some of my favourite artworks and artists for inspiration into scene captures and tone for my own shots.