10 November 2014

Week 9: Mass Effect, Mass Production, Massive Inspiration

I've been really keep to make sure I keep working on my own personal projects not just to relax but to also learn, evolve and try out new techniques that I can use for my project and vice versa.

I was also really really keen to do this course to help me develop my own ideas and to be exposed to different styles and ways of thinking. Since working in Maya i've begun to start trying to visualise my works in 3D, and this is particularly important for my portrait work. I've also be working in my sketchbooks on a daily basis working on anatomy and perspective.

Quick Pose Practice
Quick Pose Practice
Perspective Practice
Perspective Practice
Portrait of Janelle Monae applying new ideas and styles
I've definitely started to widen my reach of influence and look out for anything that may help me to continue to form my ideas or add to my project. Was really excited to see on my Facebook feed that BioWare have released the concept art for the new Mass Effect 4 (I don't play Mass Effect but the more art I see the better!).

Mass Effect Concept Art. All images © BioWare/EA.





I think this work is absolutely stunning, and they really touch on the terrain stylistically for my project, so really want to spend this week working on more concept art.

We finally have all the groups / individual projects worked out so I want to generate a timeline for myself and the people who have offered to help me as their secondary. Also need to divvy out the project roles! Excited to finally get started!

I've offered to help for a few of the other groups, and I feel pretty confident that with what I can offer - concept art, character design etc - this won't take up heaps and heaps of my time as it will be required at the beginning of the projects, so I can still fully commit to my project. But there's also so much I want to learn so will also be shadowing a couple of people and picking up skills and knowledge from them!

UPDATE:
After our cinematography class last week, I've tweaked my animatic to include a few extra shots which include a couple of first person views and a few different angles. I'll also probably tweak the colours slightly to reflect the change in feeling for my character and the story.


Next stage is to do some line testing in flash me thinks